Just like other machine learning model, we always have to import the libraries.
- We are going to use numpy, matplotlib and pandas.
- numpy is going to handle the scientific calculations.
- matplotlib is for visualizing the results
- pandas is going to import the dataset for us.
Importing the CSV Data
- The name of our dataset is “Poly_Data.csv.”
- In our code, pd stands for pandas.
- “dataset” is the variable that stores the data from our csv file.
- We use iloc to separate the independent variables and dependent variables.
- x is set as the independent variables, y is set as the dependent variables.
# Import the libraries
import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import pandas as pd
# Import the CSV Data
dataset = pd.read_csv(‘Poly_Data.csv’)
X = dataset.iloc[:, 1:2].values
y = dataset.iloc[:, 2].values
Other Sections on Polynomial Regression :
Step 1.) Import Libraries and Import Dataset